Server and System VirtualizationVirtualization may be one of the latest buzzwords in the technology industry, but beyond being just another buzzword, virtualization offers many real benefits. Some of the benefits are listed here:
- Cost savings - Rather than incurring the costs associated with purchasing a new server each time you deploy a new service, many virtual servers can be configured to run within one physical server. Cost savings include the memory, processors, hard drives and the server itself for each new server deployment.
- Energy savings - Studies have show that most servers operate at a mere 5%-10% of their capabilities which means that they are sitting idle, performing little work while consuming electricity and costing you money! Virtualizing some of your server infrastructure means that there are less physical servers running, and more real work being done by your virtualization server.
- Flexibility - In larger deployments, VMware's Infrastructure products allow you to to move virtual servers from one physical VMware server to another, on the fly, while the virtual server is running without skipping a beat. Virtual servers may be moved between VMware servers in the same rack or between VMware servers across the country or the world. This flexibility can help with load balancing, high availability, or system updates.
- Ease of Deployment & Time savings - Need a new server? Clone and deploy a copy of a fully-configured base "template" server in a fraction of the time it would take to build and deploy a new physical server.
- Development - Virtualization allows to you take a snapshot of a running machine that you can revert back to in at the click of a button. This makes it easy to install a development version of your software, test it, and then revert back to a clean server image when you are done testing.
Proxmox's flagship product, Proxmox VE is a complete open source virtualization management solution for servers. It is based on the open-source KVM virtualization and container-based virtualization projects and manages virtual machines, storage, virtualized networks, and HA Clustering.
The enterprise-class features and the intuitive web interface are designed to help you increase the use of your existing resources and reduce hardware cost and administrating time - in business as well as home use. You can easily virtualize even the most demanding Linux and Windows application workloads.
Reverse Polarity LLC's virtual infrastructure is running entirely on Proxmox VE and we look forward to working with Proxmox to provide our customers with a high-quality, low cost, open-source virtualization platform to replace their more expensive VMware vSphere deployments.
Proxmox also offers a reliable spam and virus blocking security product called "Proxmox Mail gateway"
Proxmox Mail Gateway helps you protect your business against all email threats like spam, viruses, phishing and trojans at the moment they emerge. The flexible architecture combined with the userfriendly, web-based management make it simple for you to control all incoming and outgoing emails. You maintain a professional email workflow and gain high business reputation as well as customer satisfaction.
Contact us for a demontration to see how Proxmox and Reverse Polarity can help you save money while providing your company or school with dependable virtualization and email virus scanning solutions!
VMwareAt Reverse Polarity, LLC we have a wide range of experience with VMware's extensive line of virtualization products. From their free offerings like VMware Server and VMware Player to their desktop development products like VMware workstation and VMware Fusion (For MACS), all the way up to their enterprise virtualization solutions such as VMware ESX/ESXi (now part of VMware vSphere) including AoE, iSCSI, and fiber-channel SAN support.
Ask us how we can help you to begin virtualizing your server infrastructure today!